Monday, October 15, 2012

30 Days to Feeling Fit --> Day 2

Things you DON'T want to do:

  • Obsess about the number on the scale. If you need to lose weight, you will; and if you don't need to lose weight, you won't.
  • Weigh yourself every day (only weigh in once a week - preferably the same time every week)
  • Obsess over foods you can't eat (you will be surprised that after the first week, you probably won't even miss them!)
  • Eat the same things every day (change it up - there are lots of great recipes in our program guide!)
  • Surround yourself with tempting foods (if you're like me and you LOVE sweets, I wouldn't suggest spending your afternoons in a bakery or at the local donut shop!)
  • Over eat. You want to fill half your plate with veggies. Add fist-sized protein and approved grains.
  • Eat quickly. Savor every bite - because you will only be eating every 4-5 hours.


Things you DO want to do:
  • Be prepared - at all times. This is so important. I always carry a Fizz stick and nutrition bar in my purse. You never know when you will get stuck in traffic on the way home from work.
  • Drink tons of water and keep track of how much you're drinking. I have a 24oz water bottle and fill it up at least 3 times a day. And I know this may sound silly, but buy yourself a nice water bottle that you want to carry around with you. I went out and bought a bad-ass pink Camelbak water bottle - it's the perfect size and fits in my purse. I don't leave the house without it ;-) Other approved beverages can be purchased HERE. If you're a caffeine addict, our Fizz Sticks are a great replacement and will count towards your daily water intake. [With our preferred client membership, each fizz stick will cost you about $1.28 - that's less than one soda costs!] If you're a tea drinker, our Detox tea also counts towards your daily intake. You'd be surprised how quickly the ounces add up! I have noticed a huge difference in my overall body temperature - Most of you reading this know that I'm a very warm-natured girl and I'm always at least 10 degrees warmer than everyone in the room! Well, at least I used to be ;-)
  • Keep a food journal or track it online: My Fitness Pal is a great free app that I use to track my food, exercise, water intake, etc on my iphone. They have an app for iphone and ipad. 
  • Prepare your meals ahead of time. Cut veggies and store in on-the-go containers or small baggies. I usually prepare my meals and snacks first thing in the morning. I go to Costco on Sundays and get everything I need for the week. It's hard to prepare or think clearly when you're hungry, so do it first thing in the morning. It only takes about 15-20 mins. I know you probably enjoy your sleep just as much as I do, but trust me, those 15-20 mins will make you feel like a brand new person because you will be eating healthy!
    Pin It

    No comments:

    Post a Comment